HEALTH AND P.E.
Programme of learning will consist of four interlocking subject areas:
Teamwork challenges - Working together, positive communication, co-operation, strategy, critical reflection, resilience, effort, contribution, school wide PB4L values.
Game appreciation (rules and etiquette), Skill development (executing game specific skills), Tactics (attack, defense, space, setplays), Teamwork (how to build a successful team).
• Motor Skills
Coordination, muscle control, technique & biomechanics, accuracy, principles of practice, fine and gross motor skills, mastery of movement patterns.
• Personal Fitness
Benefits of physical activity, basic physiology, safe movement, exercise prescription, muscle groups, regular exercise.
Graduate students will:
• Make positive decisions regarding their health and lifestyle choices.
• Recognise the importance of regular physical activity and the benefits of exercise and apply this.
• Improve their motor skill abilities and sporting performance.
• Increase participation and contribute in a team setting.
• Manage their feelings and emotions.
• Demonstrate positive behaviours for learning.